Ouvindo ultimamente...

Friday, September 22, 2006

Oral Presentation - Igor: The Name's Origin

I'd like to have written something more interesting here, but I was supposed to do my oral presentation, because I'll have to show it to my classmates and my great teacher! rsrsrsrsrs \o/.
It got a poor stuff, but I did my best! =( And I didn't tell you about my other hard thing that I'll have to make by the end of the month! =/ So, I'm gonna stop crying (rs) and gonna show my ORAL PRESENTATION...


Igor: The Name's Origin



(Clique na figura acima para visualizá-la em tamanho real)



I didn't know what kind of theme I could talk to you in my presentation until yesterday afternoon. When I opened my profile onto the orkut, I saw my name and, suddenly, I had a great idea: "Why couldn't I speak about my name's origin?". So, I decided to search it onto the Wikipedia® website. When I put my name there, I found the following text:

"IGOR (Relevance 21,4%)

Igor is a given name that derived from the Scandinavian name "Ingyar", that was brought to ancient Russia by the Vikings (Ingvar or Yngvar). The first element (Yng) is derived from the Scandinavian god Freyer. And the second one (var) means warrior, defender. So, all this name means Freyer's warrior or Freyer's defender."

The only thing that I knew before it was where my name came from... but it was a oportunity to descover something more about Scandinavian culture and, SURE, ABOUT MY NAME! And It's also so good to learn what I haven't know yet! ^^

0 comentários - Não seja tímido... falaê!: